TRAFFIC DISRUPTION – THURSDAY 1ST AND FRIDAY 2ND December 2022
On Thursday 1ST and Friday 2ND of December 2022, the annual Schools Triathlon Challenge will be held in the Bellerive area.
This event will commence at 10.00am and conclude by 2:30pm each day.
In accordance with Section 56A of the Vehicle and Traffic Act 1999, Tasmania Police advise of the temporary closing of the following streets to facilitate this event:
- Full closure: Alexander Esplanade between High and Wentworth Streets
- Full closure: Derwent Street between Queen and Church Streets
- Full closure: Victoria Esplanade between Chapman and Abbot Streets
- Full closure: Church Street between Beach Street and Scott Street
- Partial closure: Victoria Esplanade between Chapman and Queen Streets
- Partial closure: Park Street between Scott Street and Derwent Street
- Partial closure: Queen Street between Scott Street, upto and including the Bellerive Beach car park
Vehicular and pedestrian traffic wanting to travel on or cross the event route will be affected.
Traffic Controllers will be in attendance to oversee road closures and manage traffic and will stop or direct traffic away from the event route. Local and residential traffic only will be permitted to enter some streets as assisted by Traffic Controllers.
Any queries should be directed to the event organiser, Tim Smith on phone 0417 552 181.